I am not good about going to the dentist. By "not good" I mean I haven't gone in years. Yes, I know that's not smart, but don't worry. I've learned my lesson. Last week I was having some tooth pain and I though that maybe it was really just sinus pain since my allergies have kicked into high gear lately. When it got worse I had to break down and go. One small x-ray later (yes, I wore the vest) the verdict was root canal. This would be bad enough, except when you are pregnant, it becomes a bit more complicated. You can't be sedated and your pain medication options are much more limited. Also, you have to take frequent breaks because you can't be on your back for long periods of time. The dentist really seemed like he was on top of the whole dental work while pregnant thing, so I felt ok about it. I went in at 1pm and got out at 4pm. With all of the breaks and the fact that the tooth in question is one of my very back molars, it took 3 full hours. I made an appointment to get my teeth cleaned before I left the office.
I feel like an idiot. It's really my own fault for not going to the dentist more often, but the pain I am feeling right now has scared me straight. So, make me feel better. Tell me your dental nightmares. The stories will go well with my liquid diet.
On a happier note, I was given the Honest Scrap award by Delenn!
Here are the rules:
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
Show the winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” There’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
1. Although I brush and floss twice a day, I have not been to the dentist in ten years. Yes, I am stupid.
2. My mom and I have never had a good relationship and I'm afraid I won't know how to be a good mom to a daughter.
3. I really wish I could go back to teaching, but I don't think I could be a good parent and handle the stress of the classroom...... or the crappy pay.
4. I would eat Indian food every day if I could.
5. There are times when I wish I could escape my life for just a few days, but I know I would just end up missing my husband and son too much.
6. I am compiling lists of information and instructions for my husband in case something happens to me during my C-section.
7. I really, really, really miss my friend, Teal. I know she hated Houston, but I wish she lived closer.
8. I am really afraid that breastfeeding won't be any easier this time.
9. I used to think that people who made friends over the internet were weird. However, in the past few months I have have made some really great friends online. I'm glad I was wrong.
10. I would have a hard time living without my iPhone.
Ok, I officially tag/award:
Get to it, Ladies!! In the mean time, I am going to go and pick up the Girl Scout cookies I ordered. I can't believe they came in today. I am so hungry and tired of drinking my meals. The cruelty of it all!!!
8 years ago