Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back to Life

I never want to come back to Houston after visiting Chicago and this time was no different. Here I am, though, back in the land of 95 degree temperatures and hurricanes. Another day in paradise. I am still a single gal for a few more days until M returns via car from the Midwest and I am ready for him to come home. I never sleep well when he's gone and I am exhausted!

The visit was really good and it was the first time since M's father passed away that both siblings and all of their kids ( seven in all) were together. It was noisy and cheerful and it made me feel very fortunate to be a part of such a great family. We told everyone our news and there was a lot of hugging and M's sister even cried.

O'Hare was a mess all weekend and I didn't get home until late on Sunday. I woke up with a nasty headache on Monday and only made it through a half a day at work. Last night, I barely made it to the bathroom before my stomach violently rejected everything I ate that day. There was so much pressure that I think I burst some capillaries in my face! I have little red dots around my nose and on my forehead. Has anyone ever had that happen? I don't really throw up, so I don't know if that's normal. I have very fair skin, so that might also have something to do with it. I still have a slight headache, but it's manageable. My next Dr.'s appointment is tomorrow so I will definitely bring up the headaches.

Special congrats go out to Cibele! She is feeling really anxious, so go and give her some love if you have a chance.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

So glad to hear that you had a great visit with the family! It sounds like it was a great occasion to share your good news. :)

Your headaches sound terrible, not to mention the bowl hugging! I hope your doctor is able to help you out with that, and I will be anxious to hear the update!

AwkwardMoments said...

sounds like vacation was wonderful - sorry you are having a rough time right now - i hope it gets easier

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!

Secret D said...

Good to have you back.

My sister gets little blood spots when she is sick so they are nothing to worry about. Headaches sound horrible, let's hope they are just a phase and that it will pass soon. Hope the sickness doesn't become a regular thing.

ultimatejourney said...

Welcome back! I hope you're feeling better now.

hopeful to hateful in 28 days said...

I am sorry you were yacking, but I am SO happy to hear everything is going smoothly!