Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's Not The Heat......


I am not someone who likes the summer months. Unfortunately, here in H.ouston, we have more summer months than anything else. Today, with 70% humidity, we will have a heat index of 110. Are you kidding me??? My ancestors came over on the Mayflower. We come from cold places and I am just not genetically set up for this. So, if yo live somewhere that has a temperature today below 90, please take a moment to be grateful. Also, think of me frying like an egg on the sidewalk.

The good news is, I leave for C.hicago tomorrow! M is from a southeast suburb and drove up earlier in the week to help his mom around the house. I cannot wait to go! I love C.hicago. It is a great city and if you have never been there I recommend a visit! We are going to announce to M's family our "big news". As far as our friends go, I am going to wait until my first regular OB appointment on the 24th before I make the announcement. I just want one more check to make sure everything is OK.

As I was driving to my parents house this weekend I thought about why I was hesitant to tell people. There is always that fear that the worst will happen and you will be forced to grieve publicly. I think that mainly it is that no one knows about the visits to the RE or the months of not knowing what would happen. We kept it very private. I want to tell everyone that this is different. I'm not just another thirty-something popping out a kid! I know I have not been through that much in my IF journey. There are many who have been through hell and are still going through hell and I am not comparing myself to those people. We were fortunate and hopefully that will hold true for the next pregnancy, as well. You never know, though, and I can't help but feel that I need to really treasure this pregnancy. I don't know if this is really a rational feeling to have and it could very well be influenced by hormones. The important thing is that I am 11 weeks today and everything is looking good, so far.

Congrats to Caro who got some excellent news! Also, go and give some love to Waiting for Life who lost a family pet. I think we've all been there and it can be very painful. I am praying for I Will Be Mom and hoping there is good news. I am always thinking of and praying for all of the people who are still on their path towards parenthood. You are in my thoughts every day.

Go and vote for LJ so she can win a trip to Maui. All you have to do is go to her "worst boss" story and click on the red square in the corner to vote. You can vote once a day!




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're headed to my neck of the woods! Have a great trip, and have fun breaking the big news :)

Cajun Cutie said...

I am sure that everyone will be simply trilled with the news.Good Luck.

AwkwardMoments said...

YEah ..Humidity is something i understand well! Gosh thats hot. Glad that you are getting to visit chicago, I have always wanted to go there but my husband if from Wis and says chicago isnt anything exciting.!? What does HE know. Have a great trip and congrat on being able to make hte big annoucement.

Courtney said...

I can totally sympathize with you on the heat...come on already! I would LOVE to see some 70 degree days.

Have a great time in Chicago and have fun sharing this special moment with famiy. I bet everyone will be over the moon excited for you!

Tam said...

Glad that things are still going well and time is passing so fast!! Thinking of you :) Enjoy telling everyone, it's a special time in your life.

Anonymous said...

Have fun in the Midwest! That is my favorite area of the US! (my family is from Missouri)

Have fun telling everyone your big news!!!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Well, I am in steamy New Orleans in very similar climate, so I very much envy your escape to Chicago!

Cibele said...

11 weeks ?? already? CONGRATULATIONS!, just so awesome. I am sure that will be lots of fun to break big news to your parents!
As for the hot weather, in Kansas is no different, heat index of 110 , just crazy. Even though I am from Brazil I am not used to this kind of temperatures... HAVE FUN IN CHICAGO

Mama Bear said...

I hope that you're enjoying Chicago and the escape from the heat. (At least, I hope it's an escape from the heat...) And, enjoy breaking the news (though I totally understand your nervousness about sharing it--that's how we've been feeling, too.)

Also, thank you so much for your kind words and support for me and hubby and his family. I really appreciate it.

Becks said...

Ooh please send soem heat to England, its been raining for months and its summer...madness.

Glad things are going well and I think you are right, treasure your pregnancy.

Pamela T. said...

A very belated CONGRATULATIONS! (I've just discovered a bunch of blogs that didn't get moved to my new blog reader.) Hope the trip to Chicago went well.