Monday, November 19, 2007

Red Pills and Sugar Drinks


Well, I survived my glucose screening. Everyone made it sound like it was going to be the most horrible thing in the world. Another episode of "Mommy Hazing", to steal a phrase. It wasn't that bad. The drink tastes like that cheap punch they serve in school. The good news is, I passed and my blood sugar was in normal range. I am, however, a little anemic. I don't feel that way, but, as I have said before, being a teacher will completely throw off your judgement of exhaustion. I have to take a huge, red horse pill every other day. They gave a laundry list of horrible things that the pills might do to you, including constipation, but so far I haven't noticed anything. Knock on wood.

Saturday, I made dinner for a few friends and we hung out and played with the kids (twin girls, age one and a 2.5 year old boy). M decided to go and watch movies at our friend D's house. I met them there afterwards with part of a pie that I made and they were both completely and totally drunk. I mean plastered. Since we have met I have only seen M like that maybe two other times. I had to laugh because they were pretty funny.

If you go over to Baby Moxie you will see some wonderful news! I am so very happy for her! Also, go and visit Lara who is in the middle of a wait after a transfer.

For those of you that celebrate Thanksgiving I hope everyone has a healthy and happy one!

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

woo hoo for passing the glucose test. I am sorry that you are a little anemic and have to take a giant horse pill. I hope that you continue to have no side effects. I thikn seeing my husband drunk would be highly entertaining. He doesn't drink - so It's a fat chance that that will happen. Same to you for the holiday season.

Chris said...

Congrats on passing the glucose test! I got the same anemia diagnosis too. If you do end up having "issues" with the horse pills give http://www.megafood.com/products/dailyfoods/blood_builder.php a shot. I give them 2 thumbs up :-)

Cibele said...

YAY for passing the glucose test!!! Gald to see that everything keeps progressing well!

Anonymous said...

Glad you passed the glucose test! You are progressing very well! I am glad for you!

Courtney said...

Thank you for the mention Kate! :)

So glad to hear the sugary sweetness wasn't too bad and that your glucose levels look good.