First, I was given an award! I never get these little bloggy awards, and I was so happy when Cheryl listed me!
The Oops Award was created and is to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their humor and their talents, also for contributing to the blogging world in whatever medium. When you receive this award it is considered a special honor. Once you have received this award, you are to pass it on to others.
The rules for passing this honor on:
1) Pick 5 blogs that you would like to award this honor to. (I picked 6 because they were just that good!)
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Oops” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
So, here are my award winners!
From the Mixed-Up Files of the Siegels
One Tantrum Away From a Breakdown
Fertile Myrtle My Ass
A Bad Mommy's Blog
Ok, go and check out these blogs!
I was also tagged in a meme by A Bad Mommy:
1. How long have you been a Mom? 8 Months
2. How many children call you Mommy? 1
3. Girl? Boy? or both?: Boy
4. Did you know what you were having? Oh, yes. No surprises, thanks.
5. How old were you when you became a Mom? 32
6. How long were you in labor? Scheduled C-Section - Luke was breach
7. What’s your favorite thing about being a Mom? Just being with Luke and M as a family.
8. What’s your least favorite thing? Feeling like I have too much to do and not enough time.
9. Do you want more kids? Yes
10. Do you plan on having more soon? Yeah, I don't "plan" when it comes to getting pregnant. I take what I can get!
11. How many times have you been pee’d on? More time than I care to count.
12. Barfed on? Oh, yes.
13. Is your child named after anyone? Not really.
14. How did you come up with their name? In church on Christmas eve.
15. When your child gets in trouble, who is the bad guy? Both of us. Poor kid.
16. What is the longest you have been away from your children? A few hours.
17. Bedtime routine? Bath, naked time, PJs, milk, sleep
18. Are your toes painted? Yeah, right.
19. Last movie you saw in the theater? I have NO idea.
20. One thing you will not give up just because you’re a mom? Grad school.
21. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom: Happy hours every Friday.
22. Best Mom perk: All of it. I wasn't sure if I would get to be a mom, so I try to appreciate everything.
23. Snack, you sneak bites from your child? Not really into mushy food.
24. When the kid is napping, you are: Cleaning/facebook/reading/TV
25. Where is your child(ren) now? Daycare
26. Favorite place to buy maternity clothes? Old Navy
27. If I could do it over…I would have appreciated my time at home more.
28. Did it turn out the way you expected? Yes and no. I think that, overall, it's been everything I thought with some extra stress and extra wonderfulness thrown in.
Have any thoughts? Answer these questions on your blog!
Lastly, I have a confession: I stalk my own site meter. I love it. I love looking to see where my readers are and where they come from. The best part is looking at the google searches. Here are some I have gotten recently:
Muslim baby turns 40 days (when the hell did I talk about that?)
Red Sox Haircut
Holger Danske T-Shirt
I can't help you with the t-shirt, but here is Holger waiting patiently for someone to attack the Danes.