Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Liz Goodman Logelin 5K

We interrupt hurricane preparations for this Public Service Announcement.....

Liz Running

Many of you are already readers of Matt Logelin's blog. If you aren't, you should be. Matt lost his wife, Liz, the day after their beautiful daughter was born. He shares his feelings about raising Madeline as a single parent and his grief over the loss of Liz in his own unique voice. He also has a really kick ass Robot. I have had the privilege of being connected with a group of amazing women who have been helping Matt and others like Matt, and now I am pleased to announce a wonderful event......

On September 21st at 1pm people all over the world are going to participate in the first annual Liz Goodman Logelin 5K. Matt will be meeting up with people at Lake Calhoun in the Minneapolis area that day, but has asked everyone to stop and take a walk (or run) in memory of Liz.

You don't have to be in shape and you don't have to get organized (unless you want to). Just get outside, enjoy the day, and think about the good things that you have in your life.

If you would like the details, go here. (Make sure you check the comments to see if anyone else is walking in your area.)

If you would like to find out about submitting photos from your walk, please go here. (We would love to see your pictures!)

If you would like to buy a special shirt, go here.

If you are in the Houston area, please leave a comment or e-mail me for details.

I hope that everyone can participate and help The Garden of Awesome grow!

9 comments:

michele said...

Hi Kate, I was so glad to see your comment on Matt's blog. I'm in the Houston area. Please let me know if you get something organized in the area for the walk. My email is michelefricke@gmail.com. Thanks!

michele said...

Also, please let me know if I can help with any of the organization. =)

Unknown said...

Awesome post! You rock, Other Kate!

Anonymous said...

w00t!

hopeful to hateful in 28 days said...

Be careful with Ike. Please let us know that everything is ok afterward.

Amanda said...

Wow, that is so sad. I had not heard their story before. I can't even imagine.

Wonderful of you to help out, and Brooklyn and I will take a walk on the 21st.

On an unrelated note...Are y'all evacuating?

Delenn said...

I love Matt's blog, and glad to see something like this happening.

Please take care with Ike! Hope you are safe and sound!

Unknown said...

We'll be doing it in the NJ!!

Phoebe said...

That is so cool. I have read about Matt's story and it's so heart breaking. I wish I could be there!