Tuesday, July 31, 2007

9 Weeks

I am very excited that the S.impsonize Me website is finally working! I am going to see the movie tonight and I am very excited. I have even changed my profile picture to a Simpsons Kate.

I am 9 weeks today which means only one more week until my next ultrasound! Woohoo! My appetite has come back a little bit, but the heartburn has gotten worse and I'm not sleeping well, at all. This past weekend I must have taken two naps a day to try to catch up. What is it about the sun going down that makes you feel yucky? That doesn't make any sense to me. Also, I have been waking up really sweaty. It's so gross. Is it the progesterone I'm taking? Has anyone else had this experience? I had a dream that I had just stepped out of the shower and when I woke up I was soaked!

I have started to really want to tell people my news. It's the first time I've felt like I want to tell anyone, but M really wants to wait until we tell our families in a few weeks. I know he is right, and I know that once we do tell everyone the advice will flow in like crazy. I will probably wish I had kept my mouth shut a while longer.

Congrats to Serenity, Sticky Bun and I Will Be Mom who got some great news this week! Also, go and give some love to JJ. She is always so positive and is the first one to offer words of encouragement to everyone. I hope we can send a little of that sunshine back to her.

11 comments:

Chris said...

I thought it was just me! I always woke up gross and sweaty on Progesterone but never really made that connection until now.

I hope the next week flies by!

Please give my best to I Will Be Mom. I miss her blog.

JJ said...

Thanks for the sunshine K, that warms my heart.

AwkwardMoments said...

Oh you are doing well with your "secret"

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I have a big mouth and told everyone right away even though I knew I probably shouldn't. You have nerves of steel woman!

Glad to hear everything is going good so far!

T with Honey said...

What is it about the sun going down that makes you feel yucky?

Good news: this usually goes away after the first trimester

Bad news: it can come back again for a little while after you have the baby. I wish someone had told me about this before I had Princess because it is much easier to deal with if you know what's going on instead of simply sitting in the living room crying wondering "What's wrong with me. I have this beautiful baby. Shouldn't I be happy?"

Courtney said...

Yay for symptoms!!! I am sure they aren't fun, but at least they are taking away some of the guessing game.

You are so kind to always mention others in your blog. The universe is going to return that kindness to you in the form of a beautiful nine month pregnancy, with a bundle of joy at the end. :)

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Here's that gin and tonic. Hoping this week feels like it moves quickly (you're already almost to Wednesday!).

Mama Bear said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out and the support. I really appreciate it!

And, I'm so glad things are going well and, though this may sound crazy, yay for the symptoms. While they might not be pleasant, you'd probably be worried if you didn't feel them, you know?

I hope your next ultrasound goes really well. And enjoy sharing the news with everybody. :-)

TeamWinks said...

I know I couldn't keep a secret like that for as long as you already have! Well done!

Kristen said...

YAY! 9 weeks!

I never had the typical morning sickness. Mine always kicked in during the evening. I thought I was the only one in the planet...of course, I have to be different!

Andrea Becket said...

Great post tthank you